The first ever Pacific Islander Student Conference is coming soon! With just 3 weeks until the conference we are happy to share some of the details about our historic event!Over 20 Pacific Islander related workshops dealing with the following workshops from notable community leaders and Pacific Islander Professionals:
- Dr. Vui Toeutu Fa’aleava
- Dr. Moli
- John Saito: Dean of Health and Sciences at PCC Sylvania
- Siniva Bennet, MA
- Tomasina Porotesano, MA
- Makerusa Porotesano: Coordinator of PCC Men of Color Mentoring Program
- Havea Fuapau: Tongan Community leader
- and more…
With Workshops On:
- Pacific Islander Health Issues
- Military Occupation on our Islands
- Creating a Pacific Islander Student Group that best represent our people
- Samoan Tatau and Matai System (chiefly system)
- Pacific Islander Athlete Panel
- and much more…..
We’ll also have to two key-note speakers and a presentation from the US 2010 Census!
there is also FREE FOOD from the following Sponsor :
- PCC Catering
- Papa Johns
- Noho’s Cafe
- Island deserts from Pete Benavente
- With support from PCC Sylvania’s:
- Multicultural Center
- Department of Health and Sciences
- Dean of Student Services
- Nite Hawk Cafe
We are also hosting a Pacific Islander talent show to end our conference with a bang! and with nearly 100 Pacific Islander Students registered for the this conference, we are looking to make sure that everyone has the best experience PISA has to offer!
Register Soon before it’s too late! Don’t be left out of this historic event!
we’ll post more information as it comes….