At, both, the first and second PISA Conference, we were fortunate enough to see the documentary “Toward Living Pono”. This documentary features internationally acclaimed film and stage actor Jason Scott Lee, and his effort to live more sustainably at his taro farm on the Big Island of Hawaii.
During the discussion, we talked about:
- Why is “Toward Living Pono” important, specifically to culture?
- Can this be used in our own lifestyles, in the Pacific Islands and in Oregon?
- Do we take advantage of a lot of the luxuries we have? How can we overcome this?
- What kind of resources do we need to make live sustainably?
- What steps must we take to “live pono”?
“Toward Living Pono” is now available on DVD at: